Work boots offer great utility and safety to workers. What’s more, modern-day work boot is designed to ensure comfort and relaxation throughout the day. Nonetheless, at one point, all workers are confused about their boots and how to lace-up work boots.
In this regard, using the speedy hooks can be game-changer knowledge for them. Thus, we will discuss the step-by-step guideline on how to lace work boots with hooks.
Many work boots such as Viberg Derby Boots, Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, or Red Wing Heritage Iron Rangers feature hooks that can speed up the lacing time and offer a better fit. It happens as you can wrap the lace around the metal hooks faster. Thus, many workers would love the work boot lacing process with hooks.
If you are one of them and don’t like traditional eyelets to lace your boot, read this guideline to know the lacing up procedure with the hooks.
- What is Hooks In Work Boot?
- How to Lace Work Boots With Hooks
- Why Should You Use Speedy Hooks For Lacing Work Boots?
- Work Boot Lacing Techniques: Top Two Methods
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Final Words
What is Hooks In Work Boot?
When you look at any shoes and boots, you will find eyelets in them. These traditional eyelets are made using metals. However, many shoemakers these days use metal hooks to speed up the lacing process of the work boots. It speeds up the lacing time, also known as speedy hooks.
You need to thread in the lace carefully through the eyelets, and it can be time-consuming. Also, the eyelets may get broken and leave your boots torn and ugly looking. Speedy hooks free you from such inconvenience.
With the speedy hooks, you need to wrap the work boot lace around them. It is way faster than threading in the lace through the metal eyelets. If you use high-top work boots that often have an ankle height over 6″, lacing the eyelets can be truly frustrating up to your knee. Thus, a speedy hook offers excellent lacing convenience for high-cut work boots.
The one downside of the quick hook is it isn’t as strong as the conventional eyelets. However, it offers more flex. So, you will enjoy better comfort while walking with the hooks.
How to Lace Work Boots With Hooks
Although you might think that lacing up work boots with hooks is complex and different from the eyelets, in reality, it isn’t. You can simply lace up the work boots with speedy hooks as with the eyelets. Instead of threading through the metal eyelets, you need to wrap the lace around the metal hooks. That’s the only difference between the two lacing systems for work boots.
The lacing up steps include the following ones:
- Untie the knots of your work boot to increase the space to insert your leg. As you increase the opening part, you will have better convenience entering your feet.
- Once you have untied the knot, insert your foot one by one inside it. Ensure that you have got a good fit for both feet. If you have steel toe cap work boots, check that your toe has properly accommodated the feet.
- Now, start lacing up from the bottom of the work boot. First, wrap the lace around the speed hook and slowly wrap each metal hook.
- You need to continue step 3 to lace up every metal hook of your work boot. Ensure that you have wrapped it tightly and it doesn’t fall over.
- As you reach the top hook of your work boot, tie the knot. Ensure that you have got the perfect fitting by walking a few steps. It is crucial since, without the proper fitting, you would find it difficult to walk or run throughout the day at the workplace.
You may watch this lace-up tutorial on work boots with hooks for better understanding.
Why Should You Use Speedy Hooks For Lacing Work Boots?
Many people might get confused to see metal hooks instead of the eyelets in your work boots. They might ask, “What is the advantage of using hooks instead of the traditional eyelets for work boots? So, here goes the answer to meet your curiosity.
When you thread the lace through the traditional eyelets of work boots, the process becomes time-consuming. Thus, it cannot be very reassuring when you hurry. Nonetheless, lacing the work boot with the hooks is fast. You don’t need to thread in the lace anymore. Also, it takes less time to wrap around the laces.
Also, with high-cut work boots, you often need to lace through 15 or more eyelets which can be even more frustrating. In this regard, work boots with metal hooks can truly be a great deal.
Easy and convenient:
Many people will find it hard to penetrate the lace through the smaller eyelets. Also, it puts strain on your eyes. With the speedy metal hooks, you get rid of such inconveniences. It makes both knotting and undoing the lace of the work boot easy.
Thus, you will love the comfort it brings in wearing and removing the work boots faster and better without any effort.
Work boots with metal hooks offer better fitting with the laces than the eyelets. You can tighten the topmost part of the work boot easily with metal hooks. So, you will enjoy better convenience and fitting. Also, it protects you from unwanted twisting of your ankle and heel.
Work Boot Lacing Techniques: Top Two Methods
You, now, know how to lace up work boots with hooks. But, which is the best knot to lace-up work boots? It is a crucial question since the lacing or knotting technique controls your comfort largely.
Usually, workers will prefer the following two knotting techniques for work boots.
- Surgeon knot
- The heel lock
Now, let’s discuss the two work boot lacing techniques briefly so that you can finalize which knot is better for your convenience and comfort.
A surgeon knot is preferable to prevent slippage and is also pretty straightforward. As you work, the heel of your feet moves increasingly to cope with the continuous movements. It leaves extra volumes around the top of your feet. It might lower the sock’s part and causes slippage. Thankfully, the surgeon knot will help you eliminate the slipping problem at the workplace.
- Loosen the top part of the laces of your work boots. You don’t need to untie the real lace for the surgeon knot.
- Locate the point where your feet inside the work boot flexes forward. You need to apply the surgeon knot right where the flex point starts.
- At this point, silence the lace of the boot twice around them. Pull the tied lace-up to ensure proper fit and tightness. Now, you need to lock the surgeon knot’s tension by warping it with the next speedy hook.
You need to follow the technique for both work boots. You will appreciate the comfy fitting without any blocks in blood circulation.
If you need climbing or frequently running at the workplace, the heel lock knotting method will be a good option with the speedy hooks. It helps in reducing blisters and offers excellent comfort all day.
- Firstly, follow the traditional lacing technique.
- As you reach the top, instead of crossing over the laces, do it vertically for the top two speedy hooks.
- Then, cross over the laces. Then thread in the crossed-over lace through the vertical line.
- Do it for both sides of the lace, and finally, pull it up until you find the right tightness and fitting for the laced work boot.
As you tie the threaded lace through the vertical knot, it will create a bow shape. It truly looks good on your feet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do work boot hooks really work, and how?
Yes, a work boot hook will ease your boot wearing and removal process. It helps in putting in the tall riding boots faster and better. The hook lets you wrap the lace around it so you get rid of the annoying eyelets.
Why have hooks replaced the metal eyelets?
As hooks offer better and faster lacing of the work boot, it has replaced the conventional eyelets. It also offers a better fit and comfort.
The lacing technique of work boots with hooks isn’t tough at all. Instead of threading the lace with the eyelets, you will need to wrap the lace. You can accomplish it within seconds and even with one hand if you follow our instructions above.
Your hand will thank you for accepting the work boot with speedy hooks instead of traditional metal eyelets. It truly frees your hands and eyes from the added strain.